Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





What the ...?


So, I was cleaning the china cabinet the other day and I came across a set of dust-encrusted brandy snifters emblazoned with the crest of my alma mater. Brandy snifters?!?

I vaguely remember buying them. It was right after I'd convocated and I was looking around the university gift shop for some sort of memento of my college years.

But brandy snifters? What was I thinking? Did I imagine that, in my grown-up, professional life, I would be hosting all sorts of swanky parties where people would sit around and quaff great quantities of brandy?

Well, that did not happen. In fact, the snifters have never been used. In fact, I don't really like brandy at all, never have. I don't think I even know anyone who likes brandy. My post-college parties, I'm afraid, have never gotten any fancier than some beer mugs and the occasional wine glass.

I've rescued one of the snifters and cleaned it up. I've decided to use it drink my Christmas rum. If I'm lucky, it will break sometime when it's being washed, thereby freeing up the storage space it was occupying, which would be far more valuable to me than the glass ever was.

And you folks? Any tales to tell of odd, useless objects you've found around your home?

posted by Mentok @ 10:00 a.m.,

6 Comments:

At 2:21 p.m., Blogger Grumps said...

Yeah but the wife and kids wouldn't know what to do without me! Ba dump dump! Hey, I'm here all week.

 
At 8:49 a.m., Blogger FiL said...

A promotional backscratcher for the McDonnell Douglas C-17 military cargo plane with the tagline "For Those Hard-To-Reach Places."

100% true.

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Mentok said...

grumps - speaking of being here all week, I assume you'll be there all next week too, re. xmas visits?

fil - you know, these little clues to your "spook" connections kinda freak me out sometimes ;-) One doesn't really think of arms salesmen using a lot of promotional kitsch; it's usually just big bags of money, isn't it?

 
At 10:31 a.m., Blogger cchang said...

Ya know that contraption with the wire threaded across a frame to spilt cakes? I don't know what you call that thing, but a knife will do just fine....totally forgot that I bought that silly thing!

Brandy snifters do make nice dessert bowls though for pudding, jello, flan, etc...

 
At 11:31 a.m., Blogger Grumps said...

Actually, we'll be in Mentokville for the 26 and 27th as Grumps Jr. starts SYP. Hard to believe and yes, we do feel old. When will you be passing through Grumpsland?

 
At 12:58 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

cindy - you are always the genius with the cooking and presentation tips. Indeed, they would make good dessert bowls - what a great idea!

grumps - grumps jr. in SYP? This I've got to see. I'll contact you offline and go through dates in more detail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home