Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





El Condor Smartass

My latest favourite lunch spot is a new vegetarian place that opened up a couple months ago on the block near where I work. Their paninis are convincingly meat-like and I figure they're better for my cholesterol than those corned beef, ham and cheese paninis I used to eat.

The place is the epitome of hippydom, though. They've got all the zen waterfalls and feng shui junk all over the place. The magazine rack is full of the local over-earnest student activist rags. They appear to be members of the anti-scent faction of hippydom, otherwise I'm sure they'd have incense continually on the go. You get the picture.

And, of course, their sound system is loaded up with all your hippy favourites. Somehow, whenever I'm over there, they've got Simon & Garfunkel's El Condor Pasa playing. Either they have it on a constant loop or they must think I like it and run back to start it when they see me coming.

I've heard the song so often lately that naturally my mind has turned to parody. Here ya go:

I'd rather be an asswipe than a douche
Ferme la bouche

No, not a douche. Asswipe not douche. No, no.


I'd rather eat the green eggs than the ham
Oh Sam I Am
I'll skip the ham. And eat the eggs. Woo Who.

I'd rather be a toadstool than a bus
Oh what's the fuss
'bout a bus? No not a bus. Mmm hmm.


Tag, your it. Let's hear your favourite song parodies or misheard lyrics.

posted by Mentok @ 12:49 p.m.,

2 Comments:

At 4:27 p.m., Blogger Grumps said...

I gots me two:

"I am so beautiful, to me.
I am so beautiful, to me.
Can't I see, I'm everything I hoped for,
I'm everything I need.
I am so beautiful, to me."

and

"Please forgive me
I wrote another boring song
Please forgive me
It's three minutes too long
Don't deny me
Just go and buy me."

 
At 12:44 a.m., Blogger FiL said...

Lyrics to Hit by The Sugarcubes:

"I lie in my bed
Totally still
My eyes wide open
I'm in rapture"

As misheard by a Dearest friend:

"I lie in my bed
Totally still
My ass wide open
I've been ruptured"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home