Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Wasn't That a Party?

Wow, has it already been a week since my last post? The week has just flown by.

Dino aka Katy has requested some pictures from our Oscar bash. We forgot to take any, so I thought I was going to have to tell her she was out of luck, but fortunately some guests took some shots. Hope you enjoy them.


We were busy with house-cleaning and renovations right up until party time.



The guests started to arrive about 6:30 pm.



Parking was at a premium!



Mrs. Mentok was busy preparing a festive spread.



Everyone got into the spirit of things as the show got started. Love that Ellen DeGeneres!

OK, I'm kidding. But here's something totally serious. This is a real picture of the view out our back window this morning:



Welcome to spring on the Canadian prairies!

posted by Mentok @ 10:18 a.m.,

9 Comments:

At 11:07 a.m., Blogger Library Mama said...

What a flattering picture of me! Why aren't there any pics of you?

;-)

 
At 11:10 a.m., Blogger Mentok said...

Who do you think that is in the first picture, working on the bathroom tile?

 
At 7:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem, hate to interrupt you here, but today it was 60 degrees F here in the piedmont . . . actually, i miss the snow terribly.

looks like you all had fun at your party! ;-)

 
At 8:23 p.m., Blogger X said...

I didn't know Mentok has a "second household".......

 
At 4:22 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

You guys must spend a huge amount on puppy food. Just make sure you don't get the tins mixed up with the ones meant for the kids...

 
At 9:34 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

marcy - miss the snow, eh? I'd be happy to mail you some. How many tons would you like? I like snow too sometimes, but by March I've had it. As Mordecai Richler observed, March is the worst month to be a Canadian since that is when you realize that winter has gone on too long.

X - yes, these are pictures from my summer home. Cozy, isn't it? ;-)

jc - actually, we feed the children and the dogs the same way. They eat what they kill, but otherwise they have to battle for scraps from the hunters' table. Toughens 'em up, you know.

 
At 9:42 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

great photo. I only got three wrong out of 21 in the Oscar contest at work. Waiting to see if I'm a winner!
Curling has taken over my life this week.

I was planning to come out to TO in Sept, but I got a better deal for Sonoma. So i'm headed to the west coast instead!

 
At 6:17 a.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


The wife put on a little weight there, eh buddy?

BSG sucked this week. I hate the whole flashback crap..... I wish they would tell Starbuck to act like a girl and not a drunken bitch.

P.S> We all know they wouldn't kill off a main character.

 
At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Library Mama said...

Watch it, Hippo! Get your own wife to insult.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home