Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Bad Taste Alert

I've been noticing no one's paying much attention to the content in my other tabs, so today I'm starting a new policy: Affiliated content will start here and then get moved over to its appropriate tab the next day.

This pair of bad-taste Valentines will end up in Fun With News tomorrow, so you won't have to look at them here for too long. (Oops, already gone. Check the archive.)

posted by Mentok @ 3:54 p.m.,

6 Comments:

At 4:55 p.m., Blogger FiL said...

The first one I think is a scream. The second steps over the line, methinks. At least the line in my mind.

But don't worry, I still love you.

 
At 5:06 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

Yes, my stomach does flips at the thought of that guy too. But sometimes we must force ourselves to laugh at tragedy. Otherwise, how shall we defeat it?

Have I ever told you my professional story on this topic? Our firm once had a contract with a corporate hog breeding outfit. They were looking for a new slogan. The Pickton story had just broken, so I suggested "Quantum Pork - Hooker-Free Since '93!"

There was a stunned silence as people desperately tried to bite their lips, but then everyone erupted into prolonged, uncontrollable, gut-splitting laughter.

True story.

 
At 8:14 p.m., Blogger FiL said...

Mm, I do agree with you that laughter can be a very effective in coping with tragedy. I deploy it myself frequently. But there's still that subjective line. Why is it there for me? Perhaps it's because of the enormity of the crime, its contemporaneity, and the composite of horrific factors involved (feeding to pigs, systematic predation on a vulnerable, dispossessed section of society).

BTW, I think your change of policy regarding posts (up front for a bit, thence to its proper tab) makes a lot of sense!

 
At 9:09 p.m., Blogger Library Mama said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 12:40 a.m., Blogger X said...

Oh well, she still wears diapers....

 
At 12:14 p.m., Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=40333955-67cf-452d-9465-86cbd72c632a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home