Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Horo Show


Like most people, I enjoy reading horoscopes from time to time but I've never had any faith in that particular sort of superstition.

However, I recently learned a curious fact about my own horoscopic profile. Apparently, my "key planet" is Uranus. Wow, how accurate is that, eh?

The other day, I read a particularly alarming horoscope. It said, "Your love life will take off today as Venus crosses Uranus."

First, that didn't come true at all, and second, that's really too much detail to read in horoscope if you ask me.

How about you guys? Ever read anything freaky, funny or bizarre, incredibly accurate or wildly inaccurate in a daily horoscope?

posted by Mentok @ 11:44 a.m.,

8 Comments:

At 6:07 p.m., Blogger X said...

So, are you saying that your "love life" did not take off that day???

Hey Mrs. Mentok, are you listening??

;)

 
At 7:27 a.m., Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

I'm a Scorpio so if I told you I'd have to kill you.

Nature of the beast.

Will have to look into that report where astrological signs determines your driving habits though.

 
At 8:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might like this piece -- a study matching driving habits to horoscope
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/National/2006/12/14/2787657-sun.html

-- Information Goddess

 
At 12:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Libra so nothing crosses my anus.
Most of the horoscopes I've read say things like you will win some money but then lose it betting on the horses.
Or, you will find the love of your life but it won't last..

 
At 11:25 a.m., Blogger FiL said...

The only correct horoscope I ever saw was in the Scunthorpe Record of April 14, 1996. It said of Saggitarius: "You are a 97-foot-tall hyrax with psoriasis. For lunch you will eat a nice sandwich of bloater paste and cress, though the chocolate eclair you will have for dessert will be slightly stale. Beware of rogue bulldozers later in the day."

It was spot on!!!

 
At 11:45 a.m., Blogger Mentok said...

x - my love life then as now was just fine, but then as now it had little or nothing to do with my anus

nl-expatriate - see next comment for more info on driving habits. Have you ever noticed that all zodiac signs (e.g. Scorpio) sound like 70s rock band names?

Info Goddess - ha! Mrs. Mentok is a Libra and it says here Libra's are shite drivers.

Fil - I remember the Scunthorpe Record from my brief travels in Britain. As I recall, on top of their accurate horoscopes, they had the most accurate British weather forecasts. The forecast for the one day I saw it was:

"Cloudy with intermittent rain and cloudy breaks."

This was also the forecast for the next day and the day after that.

Actually, from the font style, it appeared as though they had just been reprinting the same weather report since the 50s!

 
At 12:48 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

That archetypical British weather forecast should read:

"Cloudy with intermittent rain and SUNNY breaks."

 
At 1:17 a.m., Blogger FiL said...

No, I think "Cloudy with intermittent rain and cloudy breaks" was right...

P.S. Word verification: Voodco. I hadn't realized that Baron Samedi et al had gone all corporate...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home