Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Happy Halloween !


Wow! I never thought I'd say this, but I'm already almost Halloween'd out. In the past week, we've had six kid Halloween parties to prepare for, two of which me and da missus attended. All of this on the heels of the costume birthday party to boot!

Old Man Winter, that effin' bastard, has played one of his cruel tricks on us. Unseasonably warm weather in our area, right up until yesterday. Today it's snowing. Oh, yeah, Winter, well how'd you like some more greenhouse gas to choke on, you evil old man. We've got your number, Winter.

My boys' and I, our minds are all abuzz today planning refinements to our route. Candy maximizing is a tricky business, you know. Will the hi-rise condo let us in? Will they have a major grab-bag at the lobby? Should we even bother with the townhouse condos, whose residents so often seem to be mysteriously absent on Halloween night? So much to think about.

Over at the Contrast Podcast, they are running their Halloween special. Check it out. I made a very small contribution, The Pogues version of the traditional spook song Worms. Once you've heard it, check out the full lyrics here.

These damn MP3 types are slowly sucking me into their wanton lifestyle. This week I actually found myself debating alternative tunes to submit.

From the same Pogues album as Worms is Sit Down By the Fire, a joyful, bouncy ode to the delights of scaring small children. For the full effect, read the lyrics.

What can one say about the title track to David Bowie's Scary Monsters, Super Creeps? Well, for starters, it's an acquired taste for sure. I've definitely acquired it. As an angy teen, I used to listen to that album over and over as I thought black thoughts about everyone who was pissing me off, which was quite a few people at that age. Not so many these days, I hope.

Enjoy the tunes and enjoy tonight. Be sure to wear a costume. Trust me, you'll like how it feels.

The Pogues - Sit Down By the Fire

David Bowie - Scary Monsters, Super Creeps

posted by Mentok @ 12:22 p.m.,

2 Comments:

At 7:22 p.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


Happy Halloween you guys =)

 
At 9:42 p.m., Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Sounds like fun all round, Mentok.
But no treats from the weather then??
Forgot to add too, that I really like your banner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home