Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Quotable

Finally caught up with Gilmore Girls last night. They've changed writers this season and managed to wreck every character...except, thank goodness, Paris.

In this episode, Paris opens an SAT prep tutoring business. Her "interviews" with her clients involve lengthy harangues against the student's inadequacies. Finally, she delivers what is, for my money, the ultimate expression of mentorship:




Your daughter has a C average. That means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep.

Sometimes I have to remind myself she's only a fictional character to avoid becoming too enamoured with her.

The Smallville premiere was a let down. All the female characters were unconscious, hiding under desks or wearing burkas (I kid you not). Apparently, they decided to go in the opposite direction of last season. Aside from that, there's no dramatic tension in that show. "Oh no, it looks like Clark Kent is about to be killed." Uh, yeah, right.

Well, there's still Battlestar Galactica left to go.

Oh, and Lost. I think I forgot to mention that last time.

The new TV season, what a magic time. As the natural world slowly dies, the virtual world springs to life. Really, we need a new holiday and some new rituals to go along with this time of year. ..like Thanksgiving or Easter, only all about TV.

If I were to design a new holiday, I would of course begin with the rituals of Fesitvus. Where to go from there? Any thoughts?

posted by Mentok @ 11:00 p.m.,

1 Comments:

At 7:09 a.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


Dude...if you keep watching girly shows...then what's next? The O.C.? Full House reruns? God forbid...90210 reruns?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home