Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Guilty Pleasures


I missed the season premiere of the Gilmore Girls last night. I'm beside myself with anguish. I love that show. I've been hooked on it since the second season.

I know. It's a girly show. It couldn't get more girly if it tried. The men on the show are universally caricatures.

But for some reason I can't help watching it. I think more than anything it's one of the secondary characters, Paris (Liza Weil) who keeps me coming back. Her psycho-bitch, trainwreck-waiting-to- happen schtick is too funny to miss.

Still and all, I worry about myself when I watch the show. I can almost feel the testosterone draining out of my body. It can't be healthy. And there usually isn't a football game on soon enough after Gilmore Girls to counteract the cooties.

So maybe it's a good thing I missed the premiere.

In another month, the new season of Battlestar Galactica starts. That'll keep the cooties out. There's not an ounce of softness or sentimentality in that show.

The of course there's Smallville (as long as Tom Welling doesn't fall to the Superman curse.) The show seems to be trying to push the envelope on what they can do sexually. Last season they had Lois Lane (Erica Durance) in a bikini, a strippers outfit and wrapped in various towels. Most bizarrely, they had her visiting a breast-enlargement clinic. (!?!) They had Welling, as Clark Kent, making out with various chicks clad in foxy lingerie (Kent in those cases was of course under the influence of red kryptonite, hypnosis or some sort of mind control). So I wonder how they're going to top that this year without running afoul of censors.

That's my TV season. I try to keep a pretty limited roster of shows. How's about you folks? What are you into this season?

posted by Mentok @ 3:11 p.m.,

2 Comments:

At 10:51 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Mentok, the Gilmore Girls? Really?

I am not really one to talk as I was addicted to Felicity when it was still on...I still watch if I ever see a re-run on, which is never...Bastards!

But since they pulled Arrested Development I am really not looking forward to anything...Besides the usual suspects: The Daily Show and Family Guy. Recently I have been getting into The Wire...

Alright well go wash your hair or something ;)

 
At 2:21 a.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...


You should be ashamed of yourself!

I stopped watching Smallville after they killed Clark's dad.

Welp, back to watching the Golden Girls marathon.

ASHAMED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home