Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





And Baby Makes ... Four!

OK, this is never going to be a music blog. My sense of musical taste, once quite refined, has been on hiatus since 1989, swallowed whole along with fiction-reading by the insatiable maw of my former career. These days, I must rely on music bloggers like FiL, Rachel and the recently metaphorically-deceased Colin to tell me what to listen to.

But today is a special occasion. Today jazz crooner Dianna Krall and husband Elvis Costello announced they are expecting twins.

To Krall, congratulations on being such a shining example of Canadian motherhood.

And to Costello, me old mate, the man who kept me sane through my dreary, small-town adolescence ... congratulations on finally having sex with a woman, buddy. I always knew you could do it.

In honour of the happy couple, I would like to offer the following selections, a little story-in-song, un petit opera if you will. Enjoy!

Diana Krall - The Look of Love

Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

Elvis Costello - Accidents Will Happen

Diana Krall - Baby Baby All the Time

posted by Mentok @ 4:33 p.m.,

6 Comments:

At 9:22 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

Can you imagine the musical genius that will take place? Or it could be disaster- like Nelson!
Love the new blog- so hip so fresh sooo NEW. I'm doing the upgrades soon to my page. oh joy!

 
At 7:07 p.m., Blogger FiL said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Mentok! Most kind. And congrats on the nifty new format, especially now that I can see it in it's full glory!!

Actually, Elvis Costello used to be married to Cait O'Riordan, ex-bassist & vocalist of The Pogues. They met while Elvis was producing the band's second album, "Rum, Sodomy, & The Lash." They were man & wife for sixteen years, so I kinda figuee Elvis probably slept with her...

FiL

 
At 7:13 p.m., Blogger FiL said...

Oh, and great chice in music too!!

FiL

 
At 7:16 p.m., Blogger FiL said...

"Figuee?" "Chice in??" Lordy, I do need a drink. Er, please read:

1) "figure"
2) "choice of" or "taste in," as you see fit...

*Spelling & Grammar Police drag FiL off for reeducation*

 
At 11:23 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

Cait O'Riordan was a woman ??

 
At 2:37 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Maybe Elvis thought she was a man as well...But he didn't want to question it so he stayed for 16 long years until finally he met Diana and realized that...

yeah so chances are they may have had sex once or twice.

But yes Elvis and Diana what a couple indeed.

Poor Cait O'Riordan though...

and thank you for the nod and the music. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home