Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





2000s Dubbed 'The Buttcrack Generation'


Geneva, Switzerland (FN) - The World Slogan Council (WSC) today announced that the current turn-of-the-century period will be officially known as The Buttcrack Generation.

"We had a very hard time coming up with the right name for this era. We thought about 'Generation Z' but the letter thing has been overdone. We thought about 'Funsicle Generation', a play on the phrase fin de siècle, but we didn't think enough people would get the gag. Finally, we landed on Buttcrack Generation and that's just the one that seemed to jibe," said WSC spokesman Philippe Vanderhosny.

The phrase, which will be used to describe the period from approximately 1997 through to 2010, was coined to reflect the fact that the period falls in-between the 20th and 21st Centuries.

"You can imagine that the 20th Century was a big left cheek and the 21st Century unfolding before us is a big right cheek. I guess that would make us the anus. Ha! Annus Anus! I hadn't thought of that before," said Vanderhosny.

In choosing the term, the WSC also tried to capture the style and mores of the period.

"Many people think about previous periods in terms of the fashions at the time. I think it's pretty certain that when people, especially men, look back on this period, their first thought will be 'Boy, did we ever see a lot of buttcrack in those days'".

- 30 -

posted by Mentok @ 12:48 p.m.,

8 Comments:

At 5:03 p.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



I'm more of a hot-unwed-mother lover.


Butts and legs just don't do it for me. But..whatever floats your boat Mentok. Keep searchin' for that rainbow.

 
At 9:49 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

Your breaking my heart, Hippo. I guess this pretty much kills my Brokeback Mountain fantasies about you. All those cold nights huddled in the tent during the Gist Wars. The poetry. The cryptic postcards. And now this. How many other blogger troops have you strung along like this, Hippo? HOW MANY?
God, I wish I knew how to quit you, Hippo.
;-)

 
At 9:32 a.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Brokeback Mentok,

Someday my friend, you will find your Quebec lover. Don't worry...I know he's waiting. Plus I think it's legal there?

 
At 11:11 a.m., Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

LOL I don't know what was better the blog or your comments.

I've always contended that Plumbers should have to wear G Strings Plumber strings ewwww.

 
At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



It's okay Mentok. It's okay.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. Another classic from Mentok!

 
At 6:16 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Hot unwed mother lover??

Wish you knew how to quit Hippo??

How on earth did I miss all this?! :)

Silly cartoon characters...

Funny post, M. I'm proud to say I never gave into the whole low-rider jeans/peek-a-boo thong look. Just a bit too cheap for me.

~ Ash

 
At 7:44 p.m., Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

I wish I knew how to quit you MMT.

HeHe.

In case you missed the catch phrase Broke Back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home