Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Canadian Approach Lessened Boxing Day Mayhem, Expert Says

Toronto (FN) - Canada's approach to guns and gun violence probably lessened the loss of life during the Boxing Day shooting spree in downtown Toronto, says one leading criminologist.

"If this had happened in the United States or, God help us, Germany, I think the evidence is clear that the bloodshed would have been much worse," says Dr. Galen Thistle, Ph.D., professor of criminal psychology at Concordia University.

Thistle pointed to an exchange from the incident caught on home video to prove his point.

____________________
Victim: "I'm sorry. I seem to have run into one of your bullets."
Shooter: "Oh my gosh, this is so embarrassing. I was aiming for one of my old gang chums across the way. Could I offer you a tissue?"
Victim: "On no, please, don't trouble yourself. Would you happen to have a knife or some sort of a shiv on you? I'd like to dig this bullet out of my shoulder so I can give it back to you."
Shooter: "Oh, heavens, that's really not necessary. Really, I've got other bullets. Please, you keep it. It's the least I can do."
____________________

This Alphonse and Gaston routine continued for a further 15 minutes, saving untold lives, says Thistle.

Others disagree and suggest that the uniquely Canadian approach of elevating post-Christmas shopping into a civic holiday probably worsened the violence.

"Forget about gang violence. If Best Buy has big screens on for $500 and some cracker butts in front of me, you're damn right I'm gonna bust a cap in him and I don't care how many gun laws there are," says Father James O'Malley of Toronto's Blessed Virgin Catholic Church.

- 30 -

posted by Mentok @ 5:56 p.m.,

3 Comments:

At 5:54 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Too fancy for violence??

Damn Canadians... ;)

(Welcome Back!)

~ Ash

 
At 2:25 p.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...




I've been charged with Tax-fraud. I'll see you in Court!


 
At 9:17 p.m., Blogger NL-ExPatriate said...

Well done. too bad it came about under such tragic circumstances.

The Liberals "Social Policy by stealth" is the real culprit IMO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home