Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Top Ten Worst Christmas Songs


Sir Cliff Richard's Mistletoe And Wine has been voted the song people are dreading more than any other this Christmas.

More than a quarter (25.1 per cent) of those questioned in a survey named the 1988 Christmas number one as their least favourite festive track.

Mistletoe And Wine polled almost twice as many votes as the second song in the list - the original Band Aid's charity hit Do They Know It's Christmas?

Robbie Williams's ballad Angels came third in the survey, which was commissioned by supermarket group Morrisons.

The results:

1. Mistletoe And Wine, Cliff Richard (25.1%)
2. Do They Know It's Christmas?, Band Aid (13.5%)
3. Angels, Robbie Williams (7.9%)
4. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday, Wizzard (6.8%)
5. Driving Home for Christmas, Chris Rea (6.2%)
6. Last Christmas, Wham! (5.7%)
7. Merry Christmas Everybody, Slade (5.5%)
8. Mary's Boy Child - Oh My Lord, Boney M (5.0%)
9. Merry Christmas Everyone, Shakin' Stevens (4.1%)
10. When A Child Is Born, Johnny Mathis (3.7%)

[Source: The Daily Telegraph, London, UK, December 24, 2005]

This story is obviously true. If I had written it, the Band Aid song would have definitely topped the list. "There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas" - newsflash nitwits: there's never snow in Africa! - MTMT

posted by Mentok @ 7:44 p.m.,

4 Comments:

At 11:15 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

Check out my listening to blog. you will like my christmas song!

 
At 12:33 p.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Love the last little bit of this one, M.

Of course it never snows in Africa. That's why they don't know that it's snowing. Because it's not snowing. Because it's snow.

See?

My head's officially going to explode now, so...

Funny though. Even though I don't know half of these songs. I love Christmas songs! Like the old school, Sinatra and Dean Martin-y Christmas songs.

Look it: Snow!
~ Ash

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

sabatkes, loved the song. Hilarious!

Ash, I believe the correct expression is "my head going to esplode". Coincidentally, Strong Bad is my second favourite villain character and was an alternate name for this blog. Maybe some day I'll start another blog under that guise.

 
At 7:56 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Chicken nuggets? And/or plastic??

Funny stuff, but I'm glad you went with "Mentok". Thinking this was a Harvey Birdman blog, it was the only reason I stopped by. :)

~ Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home