Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Merry Christmas and Thank God It's Over

Merry Christmas to all my readers!

I hope you have enjoyed the Twelve Gags of Christmas. It turned out to be far more work than I thought. When I started it, I had about half a dozen ideas in mind, but when I sat down to write I concluded that almost all of them were lame. As it is, many of these are still pretty lame, but at least they're not too formulaic.

The discipline of coming up with fresh comedy material every day (instead of just whenever I felt like it) was an important learning experience for me as a writer. I now have much more respect for those poor Saturday Night Live writers who have to come up with an hour's worth of something resembling comedy every week.

I would like to extend my special thanks to Ash, Harry Yak, N-L ExP, and Sabatkes who all took the time to leave comments. I am interested in more feedback from the rest of you. Please be harsh and blunt in telling me which bits you liked and which ones you thought were lame.
I can't hear you laugh over the internet, so you have to tell me.

On behalf of Mrs. Mentok and the three little mentoks, I would like to wish you all the happiest of holiday seasons and every blessing in 2006.

I'm going to take a break now over the holidays. Please join us back here promptly on January 3rd, 2006 for more and better funny bits.

posted by Mentok @ 9:09 a.m.,

6 Comments:

At 10:34 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of SNL writers, have you seen the skit "Lazy Sunday?"

If you haven't, I can send it to you.

 
At 12:54 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

I have to pick one? I'll have to think about that and get back to you. Waitaaminute- you're the mind taker! Shouldn't you know already????

Happy Christmas

 
At 7:39 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Hey Menty,

So you want us to tell you which bits were funny and which bits were lame? You want the harsh albeit honest truth about all of it??

No you don't. I haven't read the past three. Sick and busy. You know how it goes. But I'm sure they're funny. They're all funny. All of them, always funny. (And that's the truth)Sometimes I'm just not smart enough to follow along. I'm not much into politics, and I've lived a sheltered life as far as other religions are concerned. But that's not your fault. I don't think...

But you're taking a break till the third? No posts, no letters...no hitting me in the head with words like "tiresome" and making me cry??

Who's going to hate my Christmas piece once I've finally finish it?

Who's going to keep me up to date on all that is Canadian nonsense??

(Sigh)

I'll miss you, M.

And here's a little something else. I'm spreading the joy this morning...Or making a total and complete ass out of myself.

Either way:


[Running through Blogger-Falls ala George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life...one day late]

Merry Christmas!

Mer-ry Christmas!!

[This has been Ashley Chairiet, ala George Bailey, wishing you, M, a Merry Christmas. A great, wonderful, peaceful Christmas. Here's to a new year, a better year. And to you: happiness; my friend.]

Happy Holidays! Enjoy the break,
~ Ash

 
At 5:23 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

(Yawn)

Get back to work, slack-ass!!

(wink-wink, nudge-nudge)

~ Ash

 
At 11:08 a.m., Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Mentok,

Did you get that thing I sent ya?


 
At 9:19 p.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Oh my God! :)

The thing he sent you, Mentok, did you get it??

"What thing?"

The thing...he sent you.

I love it. Who is this Birdman-loving person? I must find out...

Oh, but first:

Happy New Year, M!

Hope it's your best yet.

Your friend,
~ Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home