Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Toronto to Host Museum of Feces


Toronto (FN) - Prince Charles was in town today to help Torontonians welcome the city's newest science tourism attraction, the Royal Ontario Museum of Feces (ROMF).

"It gives me great pleasure to see the people of Toronto recognized in this way with this feces," said the royal heir.

The new museum will be a family-oriented attraction with interactive exhibits and displays.

Ken Parc, executive director of the ROMF, said the topic of feces has been overlooked for too long by science-tourism audiences.

"What was mankind's first weapon? Feces. What was our first fertilizer? Feces. What was the first substance used as a pigment in pre-historic artwork? Feces. In the contemplation of the humble feces, Man has reached both the zenith of his scientific and artistic abilities and the nadir of his aggressive use of technology. The phrase 'Holy Shit' may be a joke to some people, but in this place we mean it sincerely," Parc said.

Parc says the museum will soon launch an advertising campaign to promote its first major interactive exhibit. Entitled "Give a Crap", the campaign will ask all Torontonians to make a contribution to the museum's effort to gather the world's largest single collection of donated human feces.

- 30 -

posted by Mentok @ 9:01 a.m.,

5 Comments:

At 9:43 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

Too funny!

How'd the parties go?

Mine are pretty simple. mostly dealing with private dining rooms and the occasional offsite corp event. Had my first holiday party last week. Went well.

p.s. you are now linked on my blog.

 
At 10:51 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

The parties went fine. I suffered from the symptom common to all event planners, namely that I could only see the problems.

I organized two Christmas theme parties, one teen, one younger kids, for the kids of a comany's employees.

The little kids party was on a Nutcracker theme, featuring a magician, costumes and crafts. It went well.

The teen party was on a Festivus theme with a stand-up comic/MC, a magician and a rock guitar player. It could have gone better logistically, but on the other hand by the end of the night the kids were singing along with the musician and begging the magician not to leave.

I was on site at noon for a 5 o'clock start. I cheaped out and decided to handle the decorations single-handedly. Big mistake. The Nutcracker decorations took me all afternoon and I hadn't touched the teen's room. Fortunately, the kid wranglers pitched in when they arrived and got the teen room blitzed in the last half hour before guests arrived.

I think the client is happy. They have given me nothing but very positive verbal feedback, but I'm getting a weird vibe. I guess we'll just have to see if they book me again to know for sure.

 
At 5:15 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Hey Menty,

About this Toronto museum:

I always knew you Canadians were full of it!

(insert laugh track here)

I'll email you soon. Novel questions and whatnot...

Mentok the Mentor. Has a nice ring to it, no?

Yeah, I thought so too.

But whatever. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving. Or Boxing Day. Or whatever you fancy Canadians celebrate up there.

Thuaunksgiuvuiuing, probably.

Fancy-ass Canadians...

I mean, congrats on the parties!

I'm sure you did great. :)

~ Ash

 
At 8:50 a.m., Blogger Mentok said...

Ash:
We actually celebrate nothing at this time. Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October and isn't as big a deal as the U.S. version.

This is the time of year in Canada known as "Gee, I wish we had a vacation now like the Yanks do."

Happy Thanksgiving to you. I trust you and BG will suitably overindulge. Look forward to the letter.

Yak:
This Thanksgiving, I suggest you be thankful that I only made you wet yourself and didn't make you crap your pants.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, you furry little fellow.

...sabatkes! Wow, all the posters on this thread are Yanks. Maybe I should be worried. Maybe I'm the Thanksgiving turkey!

 
At 3:18 p.m., Blogger mkecurler said...

oh canada!

love the themes on the parties. Yah, I have that event planner symptom too.

your thanksgiving was on 10/10/05 remember?

did you see the Harvey Birdman episode where mentok goes to the kids party and tells the future? That cracks me up everytime!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home