Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Arkansas Gov To Push 'Guzintas'

Arkansas Gov. Huckabee
(right) sets sights on math
enrichment.
Litte Rock, AR (FN)- Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee today announced the next phase in his administration's commitment to the recommendations of the 2002 state Blue Ribbon Panel on education reform. Beginning in the 2006/2007 academic year, state schools will focus their math enrichment programs on enhancing students' knowledge of guzintas.

Huckabee said that he would like to see guzintas awareness become a state-wide activity, in the same way that former governor and former President Bill Clinton's now-legendary times-bys program captured the state's imagination.

"There is not much that former Governor Clinton and I agree on, but I give him credit for The Great Arkansas Times-Bys Challenge," Huckabee said. [see sidebar]

Governor Clinton's Great
Arkansas Times-Bys
Challenge
"Billy's family wants to go to
a peanut boil 26 miles away.
Billy has 4 brothers, 3 sisters
and 26 cousins, all of whom
have 6 children. All together,
the family has 102 dogs, of
which 47 are bitches, all of
whom are pregnant. The
family has 5 trucks between
them. If welfare checks
come out on Wednesday and
the peanut boil is on
Saturday, how many of
Billy's family will make it to
the peanut boil?"
"The Times-Bys Challenge made us all think, and there was a lot to think about. How many of the cousins were married? What breed of dogs were they? Were the trucks Fords or Chevvys? I heard many anecdotes of families sitting around the Thanksgiving Day table arguing over the correct answers to those questions. I hope that my guzintas program will inspire a similar level of passion for learning," Huckabee added.

To craft his guzintas challenge, Governor Huckabee will be drawing on the skills of Professor Michael Cash, head of the University of Arkansas Department of Ciphering and Figuring.

"Many Arkansans are unaware of the importance of guzintas in their daily lives. For example, suppose you have a gallon of some sort of medicinal liquid and you want to siphon it off into 12 ounce bottles. How many bottles can you get? Sure, you can try to dope it out using your times-bys, but guzintas make it much quicker," said Professor Cash.

"Give you another example. Suppose you're at the video store and you have a $20 bill. Well, how many copies of The Dukes of Hazzard can you rent? With guzintas, you can figure that out right away," Cash added.

- 30 -

posted by Mentok @ 10:55 a.m.,

3 Comments:

At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Mentok said...

This bit is specially for our regular reader Ash Chairiet, who lives in Arkansas and apparently has some sort of job working with numbers.

Don't ask me what a peanut boil is. I have no idea. According to the U.S. Ambassador to Canada, no on in Canada does.

Political Correctness Disclaimer: I've never been to Arkansas. I'm sure it's a nice place. I've never met an Arkansan in person and I'm sure all the stereotypes about them are wildly exaggerated. I've always had a sort of grudging respect for former President Clinton and I enjoy the odd Johny Cash tune.

 
At 7:03 a.m., Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Wow...After you made mention of Arkansas and numbers elsewhere, I thought I better check in before it was too late! ;)

The Clinton equation? The answer is all of them. Put out those free nuts and rednecks come 'a runnin!

But Huckabee? He probably can't even add...Except calories and votes.

(Because he lost a lot of weight and he's a crafty republican)

Why do I feel like you and I are the only two laughing at this one, Mentok?? ;)

But seriously: Don't worry about your PC status. Arkansas is full of idiots: We're all related. We're all extremely uneducated. We're all unhealthy and full of moonshine...And I can't do math to save my life!

Or to rent the Duke's of Hazard. ;)

But thank you so much for the laughs. :)

I'm off to be pretentious...

~ Ash

P.S. As I've said, I'm not exactly sure what a peanut boil is...I think that's probably a little more prevalent over there in Georgia or something. BUT, every year, right down the dirt road, they throw a HUGE crawfish boil.

And do I ever attend?

Yeah...Right. The cousin I slept with takes me in his Ford.

Or is it a Chevy??

Them are fightin' words, Ashley Chairiet, you fancy booklearning ' Yankee-lover!!

(I'll stop now... :) )

 
At 6:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home