Site Network: Real News | HSX | Playaholics

 

How can we give you so much Mentokage at such low prices? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

* --> New content today in Movie Reviews and Opinions!





Serious Stuff Archived

My two articles on the tiresomeness of tax-cutting policy have been archived in my Drafts bin. They were so long that they were inhibiting people from seeing the funny bits. Most alarmingly, Liam from the Responsible Government League accused me of "making a lot of sense." Dear lord, how could I have gone so terribly wrong?

So if you are actually interested in my long-winded views about how the Right needs to come up with another idea, leave a post and I'll email them to you.

Now, back to the comedy.

posted by Mentok @ 11:34 a.m.,

4 Comments:

At 12:30 a.m., Blogger Liam O'Brien said...

LOL

It was your Orchard/Harper post that got me smiling.

As for the "tiresomness" of tax cut policy, I honestly think you might want to evaluate policies based on something otehr than optics and cosmetics.

 
At 12:22 p.m., Blogger Clinton P. Desveaux said...

It speaks volumes of Tories in the first place that they are prepared to make deals with the likes of David Orchards to begin with.
The game is fixed, and the deck is loaded, the name of the game has always been state expansionism...

 
At 2:45 p.m., Blogger Liam O'Brien said...

Clinton, be careful not to draw too many conclusions based on a deal that was made in a room with Reepo, Noel Kinsella, Peter, David and maybe a couple of others.

I was at the 2003 Toronto convention in Question. Remove the Orchard pinkos from the equation and the majority of Tories were outraged by the deal... none more so than me. In the aftermath I publicly called on MacKay to admit that he wasn't a dictator able to even fulfil the deal... a majority of PCers WANTED merger talks... just as a majority of CAers wanted them.

I must share in the embarassment of supporting a guy who turned out to be a numbskull...Scott Brison. I supported him at the time because of his support for eliminating Regional Development Agencies, Customs/trade Union with US, banking policy etc... As it turns out he didn't care about any of those things and instead ended up with the grits by december...lying to his own riding in the process several times... anyway, in the end, I think the best was made of a bad situation -- We now have a single merged Party that nutbars like Orchard openly condemn every chance they get (proof we're doing something right ;-))

Orchard is not a conservative. He never was by my definition. He's also terribly ignorant revisionist and something of a con artist. Good riddance.

 
At 5:33 p.m., Blogger Clinton P. Desveaux said...

At least on this one issue we seem to agree, David Orchard and his followers are in fact statists

 

Post a Comment

<< Home